1.19.2011

My Angel Maloy

My sweet angel Maloy joined the cheerleading squad this year. It is truly so wonderful to see her smiling and happy! Maloy is my miracle child...born at 24 weeks weighing 1 lb. 5 1/2 ozs. She spent the first 4 months of her life in the NICU. You could tell from the very beginning what a fighter she was and still is. I say she's been a pain in my butt since the day she was born...but the truth is, I wouldn't trade 1 minute of my life with her. I absolutely adore her stubborn independence and strong-will. She doesn't know a stranger...she loves everyone!
She was diagnosed this year with NVLD (Non-verbal learning disorder) and for the first time in 16 years...I finally understood Maloy. I've always been proud of her and her accomplishments, but after finding out what she struggles with, I can't begin to tell you the sadness I felt at not knowing, and the awe I felt and what she deals with everyday.
God blessed me with Maloy 17 years ago and I am so proud to be her mom!
Here's a few pics of my tiny miracle!
Team Photo for the Yearbook

Sarah, Hannah, Maloy & Lizzie


No comments:

Post a Comment